Wednesday, June 04, 2008

yummy

It is hot here in Texas . . . I promise not to complain all summer . . . and I decided I needed a fruity drink to quench my thirst. I do have a great back porch if I may say so . . . even equipped with a ceiling fan that circulates hot air. Anyway, I sit out there every night and think about life while Colin entertains himself. So today I decided to whip up a tasty beverage for tonight's sitting event. I have a ton of wine that I smuggled home . . . if I can't get Kinder Eggs then I will enjoy the wine. What is my beverage of choice? SANGRIA. Oh how yummy it is going to taste . . . please don't let it disappoint me! It brings back memories of the trip to Spain where I drank it every day (probably lunch and dinner) and even wound up pregnant, lol! It is a simple recipe:

2-3 cups sliced peaches, apples, oranges, grapes
1 lime, squeezed
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
bottle of red wine

Put sliced fruit in pitcher, sprinkle sugar on top, and pour lime juice in . . . add red wine. No, there wasn't an amount of wine. Chill. Here is a video if you are a visual learner like me.

Mine has been chilling for a bit and might have to get the kiddo to take a photo of my evening drink. Of course there will be no driving. And you know no post is complete without a picture . . .

. . . of course after the small pitcher barely filled our glasses and I took control of it . . . a larger one was ordered too. This was a dive restaurant we ate our first meal in Marbella, Spain and I swear it was the best food and drink we had in our two weeks there. Plus there was a great jewelry store around the corner that I regret not buying more because it was so cheap. For those who know where I live; give me a call and join me some evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger Making it through and Moving on! said...

That sounds fabulous!Will be making one of those soon!

6/04/2008 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much red wine? One bottle ;) I will definitely give your recipe a try if it ever warms up here! I'm still wearing sweaters.

6/04/2008 8:34 PM  
Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

I love sangria, I will have to try your recipee...next summer. And hey, if the heat gets to be too bad, you can escape to Montana. It was only 41 degrees when I went to get my driver's licesnse at 11:30 today (6/6/08).

6/06/2008 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home