busy
So we have been home for 3 days and I hit the ground running last Friday. I had the suitcases unpacked and the washer started in less than a hour . . . by bedtime you could not tell we had been on a trip except for the bag of goodies laying around.
Remember last year when the local appraisal district totally inflated my house value? Well a few days after our adventure began, I received my appraisal for 2009 and again totally high. My mom made an appointment with the review board for the 30th but early this morning I was at the door by 8am to try and get a walk-in appointment. Of course they were booked but mentioned I had an appeal case tomorrow and they worked me in . . . again successfully had my value decreased . . . still a little high but I thought the offer was fair so did not want to take my chances with the appeal board and get zero.
Oh and have I mentioned how much I totally miss having childcare during the day? Well, we are flying solo until school starts but have been busy with swimming lessons and figuring out ways to escape the heat . . . started the day we got back . . . no time for rest.
I can assure you that blog posting will continue to be non-existent because . . . well, I am about to embark on a little adventure to somewhere that has always fascinated me . . . and oh the best part is that this is a no child trip . . . a couple of you know exactly what I am talking about but I am keeping it pretty private. I have not decided if I will post on the other blog while I am away but will do some sort of day-by-day when I return because I am hoping to get some fabulous photos.
And here is the last photo I snapped from our Europe Adventure . . . it was before 5am and we were headed across the street to the airport . . . as you can tell someone was a little less than thrilled!
And YES I am already getting a mental list for next summer . . . actually maybe even Christmas this year!
Remember last year when the local appraisal district totally inflated my house value? Well a few days after our adventure began, I received my appraisal for 2009 and again totally high. My mom made an appointment with the review board for the 30th but early this morning I was at the door by 8am to try and get a walk-in appointment. Of course they were booked but mentioned I had an appeal case tomorrow and they worked me in . . . again successfully had my value decreased . . . still a little high but I thought the offer was fair so did not want to take my chances with the appeal board and get zero.
Oh and have I mentioned how much I totally miss having childcare during the day? Well, we are flying solo until school starts but have been busy with swimming lessons and figuring out ways to escape the heat . . . started the day we got back . . . no time for rest.
I can assure you that blog posting will continue to be non-existent because . . . well, I am about to embark on a little adventure to somewhere that has always fascinated me . . . and oh the best part is that this is a no child trip . . . a couple of you know exactly what I am talking about but I am keeping it pretty private. I have not decided if I will post on the other blog while I am away but will do some sort of day-by-day when I return because I am hoping to get some fabulous photos.
And here is the last photo I snapped from our Europe Adventure . . . it was before 5am and we were headed across the street to the airport . . . as you can tell someone was a little less than thrilled!

5 Comments:
That will be the perfect pic for those graduation/senior power points.
That is still cute and so typical
of a little boy who needs to sleep in his own bed. Glad you had a great trip.
Glad you had a good trip and have fun on the next one too!
That's a cute picture....
Glad your back! and sorry to hear posting maybe sporadic, can we at least count on a friday post?
Enjoy your childfree trip!
Thank you so much for sharing your trip. I enjoyed reading of your adventures!
Post a Comment
<< Home