Like Walking on Clouds
I have always had a hard time finding comfortable shoes that look like something someone my age would wear . . . you know most 30 year olds don't wear SAS. I was at the mall a few nights ago and popped into Dillards to browse. I found a pair of shoes by Josef Seibel that were outrageous in price but looked like a pair of shoes I had in Germany and loved! I wore them the entire time I was pregnant and tossed them after Colin was born. I miss them so much . . . sort of that weird Euro style. I found a few other pair that were reasonably priced and got the sales clerk to bring them all out. I told her that I could not imagine paying that much for shoes but would try them on for kicks. She got all the shoes and took off to help someone else. I slipped these beauties on and had to sit down . . . I was amazed at how wonderful they felt. They were so light and did not hurt at all! My first rule for buying shoes is if they hurt in the slightest way then I don't buy them. Needless to say, I don't buy many shoes for me. I just could not pay $120 for these shoes but after my first real day of school, I will be there to buy them soon . . . very soon . . . now I just need to decide black or brown or both!

2 Comments:
Ok.. chuckling about your "weird Euro style" comment. Reminded me of a comment I have had to listen to before: "A lot of European women are pretty attractive... until you take a look at their shoes... European shoes are just the ugliest things I have ever seen". It had never occured to me before than that European footwear seems to look strange to Americans. I still get teased about my shoes from time to time... but I love them!
Liebe Gruesse
Alex
P.S. You should get both... black and brown.... your tired feet deserve to be "pampered"!
When I go back to the States with some of my Euro shoes, my friends there call it orthopedic footwear.
The detailing on your shoes is just gorgeous. And if you are still thinking about them now, they are worth the $120.
Post a Comment
<< Home