November 4, 2004
I started the day remembering that I had not sent birthday cards to my friends Kathy and Ginger! I used to be good about sending cards but the last couple of years my mind has been going ten different directions. I knew they would understand so I continued to do chores around the house. It was a school day, but Colin was home with something he caught at the CDC. Some know of my struggles with Colin's childcare arrangements in Vilseck . . . let's just say that they called me all the time to pick him up because he was "sick" or he was having a "bad day". The health clinic in Vilseck saw me at least once a week for all these illnesses and mysterious rashes. I guess I owe them a thank you because on November 4, he was home "sick" and had to stay out for 24 hours. If it was not for them, I would have missed Sean's phone call and missed the opportunity to talk before he left for Fallujah.
It was a weird conversation . . . what do you say when you know your husband is going to one of the bad cities over there? I know he was worried . . . his voice was very tense and he seemed hesitant to admit he did not want to go . . . it is what he did and he knew he had to do his job.
It was a weird conversation . . . what do you say when you know your husband is going to one of the bad cities over there? I know he was worried . . . his voice was very tense and he seemed hesitant to admit he did not want to go . . . it is what he did and he knew he had to do his job.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home