Thursday, November 03, 2005

Today and Tomorrow

Today marks exactly one month that I started this project. I never imagined how much I would enjoy doing this. I also did not think it would be of any interest to people who know me or Sean. I thank you for your words of encouragement and friendly comments. I hope you have enjoyed reading about my day to day life and how I learning to live after the tragic loss of my husband and Colin's father.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my entries about the events that forever changed my life. It is going to be a painful and emotional month, but I know that writing about it will be good for me and for the readers to get a glimpse of my life exactly one year ago. So many people told me to keep a journal of what was going on and to help preserve Sean's memory for our precious son. I am doing that now . . . better late than never right? I thought it only fitting to start this by publishing photos that were taken on the day Sean left for his deployment to Iraq.

Our family February 2004 . . . Colin is only 5 weeks old.


(notice the picture behind Sean's left shoulder . . . our wedding)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,
I've been reading your blog a while but never really knew what to say ... but I wanted to tell you that you, Colin and your family are in my thoughts and prayers often, and I mean that. You appear to have amazing strength and grace and I check your site daily because you are a source of inspiration and hope to me. I'm not sure how to really say what I feel in the best way ... but I'm always wishing you and your son the best.

11/03/2005 2:08 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I've been very inspired by your blog. You have a strong and amazing spirit, and I've enjoyed learning about you and your husband and son.

Thank you for being so genuine.

11/03/2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger texasbug said...

Man, he does NOT want to leave y'all. Look at his face....

11/03/2005 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I just found your blog through a post in HH6's blog. I've spent the morning reading each and every entry. I've laughed with you and I've cried with you, but most important you've helped me to better confront my worst fear. You see, my husband leaves for deployment after the first of the year. While I know that realities should to be faced beforehand, I've conveniently tried to shove the realization of my fears far back into my mind in an attempt to not confront them. In just a few short hours, you've taught me so many valuable lessons, and for this, I thank you! You're real, you've lived my worst fear, and you've proven that one can learn to live again should the worst happen. Like the others who have commented before me, I, too, think you are amazing and inspirational beyond what mere words could ever express. Please know that you and Colin are in my thoughts and prayers and will be kept there.

(I've added you to my daily reading list. I hope this is all right. I have a feeling I've got many more lessons to learn from you.)

11/04/2005 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home