Friday, October 28, 2005

Care Packages

I sent a lot of care packages to Sean while he was deployed to Kosovo and Iraq . . . thank goodness for the free MPS shipping! I also had fun sending things to a person you I had never met . . . it sure was nice to finally meet SPC Wright! I would send your typical food items but some of the requests were unique . . . knit sheets, basketball nets, horse shoe set . . . I guess when you are so far away from your normal life the little things mean a lot.

Sean with his knit sheets, and 1SG Smith with the basketball net.


Sean really loved getting food from Hickory Farms . . . sausage, crackers, cheese, and of course spicy mustard. So yesterday when Colin and I were in the grocery store (another painful experience) it brought a smile and sweet memory when I saw the Hickory Farm display. I immediately thought about the picture below and the smiles on the faces. It is weird how the strangest things trigger a memory . . . thank goodness!

Sean with two guys he spent a lot of time with while in Iraq . . . Smith and Knicely

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Heidi,

I love your blog,
I love your pictures,
keep on writing!

P.S. If you have any more with Pete, would you like to share them with me?

10/28/2005 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures...I actually have a picture of Cole with SGT Nicely too. Would you like me to put you in touch with LT Prakash? (Armor Geddon) He and Cole are good friends. Keep on blogging...it's great :)

10/29/2005 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home