Wednesday, January 04, 2006

and Where I'm Going

I have been looking very forward to returning back to Europe for a little trip . . . of course with a few day visit to Germany to see friends. Sean and I had started discussing where we wanted to spend his post-Iraq block leave. I was hesitant to make any decisions because he still had 3 months in Iraq before he was to come home but we decided to spend most of his leave in Italy, but Fallujah changed all that. We had been to Venice and Verona but wanted to explore the southern part of Italy. I have been thinking about this for many months and have longed to go to where we had planned to go . . . sort of my version of the TV show The Amazing Race . . . which I just love!

Sidenote: One of these days I will find a partner to try out for this great adventure! One of my favorite 5th grade students got me hooked on this show.

The time is quickly approaching for me to depart for this trip and I have zero plans and no plane ticket either! Okay, so I have this matrix with five different options of where I arrive, visit, and depart . . . it is pretty elaborate but I am waiting on a few people to give me their plans so I can meet up with them. I finally asked for an additional week from work so I now have a two week Spring Break! I am hoping to visit Rome, Florence, stop over in Vicenza with friends, Amsterdam, and of course a few days in good old Germany! I will keep you posted . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,

Is that a hint? Actually, Jay and I are going to sit down this week and map out all of our plans for our trip to Paris & Italy. I will email you with it this weekend.

T

1/04/2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Heidi, Cortney will be disappointed to know she was not your favorite or that you had a favorite! Cuz you were always her favorite teacher. I love reading your blogs and keeping up with you and Colin this way. Are you potty training yet? Catie has had one cold after another since we got here. I think she is allergic to America. I miss the good ole days of her being in an in home provider. Daycare sucks! LOL Take care.

1/04/2006 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Amazing Race too! I can't wait for the next one (#9) to start...February, I think. By the way, they held "auditions" in College Station several months ago for this upcoming race. My friend/co-worker (and Aggie classmate)and I have joked about trying out...her husband refuses to do it with her b/c of the stress involved...my only hesitation is the food challenges...lbs of meat, live octupus, that soup! Nasty.

-roxanne

1/04/2006 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home