Friday, August 04, 2006

A Great Moment

It was two years ago today that Sean walked through the doors of the Waco airport for his R&R. He only told us about a week before because he did not want to set me up for disappointment . . . smart boy! I would not let myself believe he was really coming until I saw him with my own two eyes. I had the whole spectrum of emotions . . . nervous, excited, scared, happy . . . super emotional. I forgot the camera . . . I wanted to snap a photo at that moment. Of course as soon as I saw Sean I started crying and Colin was clueless . . . as we stood there an older couple asked if we had a camera . . . of course Sean had his in his front pocket (I am sure his soldiers would know he never went anywhere without it) . . . our moment was captured after all.For two years I have often thought about the man who took this photo . . . who was he? I wanted to tell him how much his kind gesture meant to me now since Sean was no longer with us. Was he from Waco or just visiting someone? I guess I will never know but just in case he is out there . . . if you were on a flight from DFW to Waco on August 4 around 1pm and took this photo . . . THANK YOU . . . you can't imagine how special it is to me now!

The two weeks went by so fast . . . the best part was the SUPER surprise that the Sims family had when Sean came knocking on their front door . . . they had no clue! The night before we went to visit, Sean logged on Yahoo Instant Messenger . . . his younger sister and father were online . . . Sean acted as if he was in Iraq. They had NO clue . . . it was so funny to see the look on their faces. It would have been a great Visa Priceless commercial. It was the first time in years . . . maybe 4 that they were all together . . . who know that just in three short months we would all be together again but dealing with a much different occasion.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Another angel, perhaps? What a priceless picture! :)

8/04/2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

What a great picture! How special that you were able to capture that moment forever.

8/04/2006 6:19 PM  
Blogger soldierdeb said...

Wow.. another divine moment.
Your words and heart pour out love, over and over.
I am glad you enjoyed the beach.

8/06/2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home