Thursday, November 30, 2006

bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr!

Yesterday it was in the upper 70s . . . kids at school were wearing shorts and t-shirts but last night it got stinking cold! It is in the 30s . . . so the kids are probably wearing snow boots, down jackets, hats, and gloves . . . only in Texas! This is probably one of ten cold days a year. I told someone that in Germany it would go weeks and only get in the 30s. My body was adjusted and it wasn't too bad but here you would think a blizzard is coming by the way people dress. It is too funny! I must admit that I am cold but not surprised after being in warm weather for so many months. I hate when the weather reporters even mention ice or snow because every person in the area is out buying the essentials . . . now how many time have people in this part of Texas been snowed in or iced in for more than a couple of days.

Of course we are hitting the town too! We are going to buy paint for our little Thanksgiving project we did last week . . . it is a playhouse for Colin . . . it isn't finished but here are a few photos . . . what color do you think we should paint?

10 Comments:

Blogger KBG said...

Is that a shed or a playhouse?

11/30/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

It is a playhouse for Colin . . . I'll post a picture of the shed later. It looks small but it is 8 by 10.

11/30/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger KBG said...

Maybe a color that matches the stone on your house. With trim and the door painted the same as your house.

11/30/2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Little project? I'm not showing my son, he'd want you to be his mom! Heck, I want to move in! That is so cool- maybe I'll have to start a project for my little guy. A complimentary color definitely- did Sean have a favorite color that would look good?

11/30/2006 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is precious, he will have such a great time! How about khaki with an Aggie Maroon front door?

11/30/2006 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.madlantern.com/clipart/barnyard.htm

how about this barn design

11/30/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Kat97 said...

Oh Heidi - I'm not showing my little one either. Maybe we can "hire" your dad to come down and help us build one next year! Oh the fun Colin will have in his own little house.

And yes, it is SO funny the way people act here about cold weather. A local talk radio host here (Austin, TX) was making fun of it yesterday. Every so often during his show he would press a button and a deep voice would come on and say "BLIZZARD 2006!" It was pretty funny.

Kudos to you for building that! It's too cool! And I agree about working in the Aggie Maroon somewhere - it is a nice complimentary color! :)

11/30/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger Roxxi said...

WAY cooler playhouse then I had growing up! Wish I were in Texas right now! It's currently 15 degrees here in Oklahoma and has snowed about 8 inches already(and still snowing!)

11/30/2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

That pic with him and the drill is PRICELESS!! So cute! My boys are begging for a treehouse. I'm like, "guys, we don't even have a tree!"

I vote for something that matches your house too.

It was in the upper 60s today and I was burning up in my coat that I grab for out of habit. What's up with the weather?

11/30/2006 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading this and my 5 year old was peering over my shoulder and saw the playhouse. She asked if you were building that house for her!

Can't wait to see the finished product! What a great idea!

12/01/2006 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home