Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Problems solved?

Well, the sink has been replaced thanks to my favorite brother-in-law . . . okay so he is the only one but he is the best:) He just happened to be in Dallas and went to a store that had two sinks! What are the chances . . . it is very ironic because there were two sinks and the one he selected is the EXACT same sink that I bought the first time . . . they are the same pattern but the color varies a little since they are each unique. Is that not amazing? I have requested the builder be present when the plumber installs this sink . . . okay, more like demanded, and I am hoping to be there too. Just as one issues seems solved now a new issue has come up. This time it involves the other thing that I just had to have . . . a crystal chandelier. I told myself before I left Germany that I would buy one to hang up someday . . . well, I never expected to leave Germany so quickly and it was on my 'must have before we move' list . . . I know some of you others had to have one of those list too, right? When I returned in January 2005 to pack up our life and return to the US, my friend Alex took me here and there until we found the perfect one . . . well, the prefect one ended up being the perfect two because I saw a second one after the first one was already purchased. The problem is that when the electrician was wiring the house I forgot to mention it to him and there was no place to hang it except one room and you will never guess where it is going to be hanging. The builder told me the electrician was having problems hanging it and I simply told him that there was no Plan B to keep trying! He said no problem. So now I am off to try and find out how to solve this problem. I know of a great little place that specializes in lamps. I know one thing these little details are making me so sick and stressed.

Now to the whole point of this entry . . . have you ever had a person in your life that has really meant a lot to you but you never told them? Last night I realized just how much Tom, Sean's brother, really helps me. I called their cell phone and left a message. He made two trips to this store and it was closed but made another trip during his lunch break. They had two and he had to decide which one I might like . . . I am sure Sean has told him in the past how difficult and hard I am to please,whatever, right? He tried to get me to decide over the phone not even seeing them. I told him to just pick one. I was shocked when he showed up at the door with the exact same sink. Now the plumber better be extra careful. Now matter what Tom always makes time to help me when I needed it. I have often wondered if Sean and Tom had a talk about the 'what if I never come home' . . . did Sean ask him to be there for us? I am so grateful for him. Over the last few months I have noticed that Tom reminds me a lot of Sean. I can't pin point what it is but he has some of the same mannerism and physical traits as Sean. It is really hard sometimes to look at him because I just see and hear Sean. I also notice that his voice and the way he pronounces certain words are just like Sean . . . if you didn't see him you would think it was Sean. Several of our friends who have met Tom since Sean's death have also commented on how much Tom reminds them of Sean . . . I never thought so but now I am starting to see it too. Tom was the first person that I talked to in Sean's family once they got the news and he is still the person I turn to when I need help. I really appreciate his wife being so understanding too. He has been my legal advisor, financial advisor, and just listens when I need to complain . . . and sometimes it is about his own parents . . . okay, so I will stop here . . . I know they read this from time to time . . . thanks doesn't even being cover how much I appreciate you and Elva.

2 Comments:

Blogger MQ said...

It must be difficult to see Sean in him, but comforting at the same time. I'm just glad you have someone there for you!

Can't wait to see the sink all installed...:)

11/30/2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Thomas & Elva said...

Thank you for the kind words, Heidi. We have really enjoyed spending time with you and look forward to hanging out now that we are "just down the street" from each other. And thank you for writing such a great blog. Losing Sean made us realize that we didn't know that much about the life the two of you had built in Germany, and so reading the blog has been a great way for us to grow closer to both you and Sean. And of course, Elva would probably lose her mind if she couldn't confide in you about those crazy Sims! :)

-Tom & Elva

12/01/2006 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home