it's just a sink
The house has seemed to hit a few obstacles the last few days. I should have known that when the builder finally gave me a date that something would happen. He has been very hesitant about giving dates because he hates when things get delayed.
The fence people haven't been back since the 17th . . . they installed the metal posts but are waiting on the wood privacy fence to go up. And yesterday I got the worst news . . . you see I had this vision about a specific sink for the guest bathroom . . . I have always just loved them and swore if I ever built a house I would have one installed. I bought this back in the summer when we went to Canton . . .
This isn't the exact sink but it is near the same . . . well, Colin and I were out buying more fabric for curtains . . . bad idea taking a boy with his tractor to a fabric store . . . when the cell phone rang. I could tell something was wrong by the tone of the builders voice. He is a super nice man and I would so have him build me another house and recommend him to anyone and everyone . . . he said those words, "Heidi, the plumber was installing the bottom drain and the lip was very thin and the sink cracked." I was not mad or angry just disappointed because I had my heart set on this sink. I also knew how hard it would be to find a replacement and how expensive it could be . . . the original sink was inexpensive. So I have fretted over what to do . . . I called Tom who happened to be in Dallas and he is going by a place in Plano to see if they just happen to have one that is reasonable. More to follow . . .
The fence people haven't been back since the 17th . . . they installed the metal posts but are waiting on the wood privacy fence to go up. And yesterday I got the worst news . . . you see I had this vision about a specific sink for the guest bathroom . . . I have always just loved them and swore if I ever built a house I would have one installed. I bought this back in the summer when we went to Canton . . .

This isn't the exact sink but it is near the same . . . well, Colin and I were out buying more fabric for curtains . . . bad idea taking a boy with his tractor to a fabric store . . . when the cell phone rang. I could tell something was wrong by the tone of the builders voice. He is a super nice man and I would so have him build me another house and recommend him to anyone and everyone . . . he said those words, "Heidi, the plumber was installing the bottom drain and the lip was very thin and the sink cracked." I was not mad or angry just disappointed because I had my heart set on this sink. I also knew how hard it would be to find a replacement and how expensive it could be . . . the original sink was inexpensive. So I have fretted over what to do . . . I called Tom who happened to be in Dallas and he is going by a place in Plano to see if they just happen to have one that is reasonable. More to follow . . .

8 Comments:
What a cool sink idea. I sure hope you can find a replacement...
That is so pretty. Hold out for what you want, it may take a few more days but this is the home you plan to be in for a long time. Make it what you want from the beginning.
BTW isn't Canton coming up next weekend, also?
Ohh! I felt the pang when I read, "the sink broke" ouch. I'm sorry! I hope you get it fixed...
BTW, you've inspired me to save clippings of houses, furnishings, decor that I like! Who knows, one day I might actually get to use them...
Try Ebay if you get stuck. That's where Sean picked up our glass bowl sink and dolphin fixture...for $50 if I remember correctly.
Good luck!
L
Here are some pics:
http://backyardadventures.blogspot.com/2006/09/latest-in-door-project.html
I saw lots of sinks like that when we were in Mexico and always said I'd have one in my home. They also had a ton in San Antonio at the market. I hope that you can find a replacement!
The sink reminds me of Polish pottery...it looks very European. ;) Good choice!
Post a Comment
<< Home