Sunday, November 11, 2007

a simple thanks

I have been thinking about all our men and women in uniform today; past, present, and future. Thanks to all who serve so I can live my life.

Now, I am a private person and shy away from the media or any type of recognition but after reading this article I can't help but feel left out. Colin deserves to participate in these events because I want him to be proud of his father's service to our country. I mean come on this American Legion post is in our town. I know this is not Sean's hometown . . . heck he was an Army brat and really doesn't have a hometown unless you count Seoul where he spent most of his life . . . oh well life goes on . . .

Since I am working tomorrow, my parents are taking Colin to the local Veteran's Day Parade. I know in time he will understand the meaning of this day and be proud; very proud.

5 Comments:

Blogger Clandestine Pug™ said...

Glad to know that things are doing well with you and Colin. I went to high school with Sean (SAHS '90)and I miss him dearly. Every year, I think of him on Veteran's Day and on Nov. 13. My prayers to you and Colin during this special time of remembrance. :-)

11/11/2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger CarrieMomma5 said...

heidi-
you are in our thoughts and prayers more than you know. we are thinking of you, colin, and sean even more as we remember all those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. thank you. with love,
the abes

11/11/2007 11:58 PM  
Blogger debey said...

I've been thinking aboutyou, & Colin, alot, this weekend....and wondering what ''traditons'' are, for Vetrans Day, in your area. It was low-keyed, here, this year....I'm doing my usual holiday trip to the cemetary.......
I've added a link for the news story, about the VFW, in Sioux Falls.......
http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,63040

11/12/2007 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi:
I also graduated with Sean from SAHS in '90. I think of you and Colin often. You are both in my prayers and thoughts always.

Christine

11/12/2007 5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,
All of those that knew and loved Sean have been thinking about him this weekend. Even though you and Colin weren't a part of those events doesn't mean a LOT of folks aren't honoring Sean in their own way right now. I will be thinking about you guys tomorrow and am sending love and prayers your way.
Hugs,
Kathy

11/12/2007 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home