Friday, July 25, 2008

rewarding

Several weeks ago I had an appointment with a county appraiser about my house appraisal. I thought it was very over appraised. I gathered all my data and found homes that were almost exactly like mine . . . pays to know what the builder still does and still look at new construction homes . . . I went in well prepared and was very polite. She told me she would get the paperwork taken care of after I left and then mail it to me to sign if I approved. I never heard from her and called and left a message on the final day to get an appointment with the board who hears these cases. No returned call so I chalked it up as a learning experience. Last night as I sorted through the mountain of mail, I finally got the letter and let me tell you that I feel so good about myself. They de-appraised (not a word) my house about 15%! Now it is right there with the other house two doors down . . . I have a feeling this will be a yearly appointment I will have to make but now I know what to expect . . . maybe being nice and polite pays off!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you!!! My mother always says you get more bees with honey than vineger. I am still learning that leason, but I am getting better. :o)

7/28/2008 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home