Friday, July 04, 2008

Foto Friday: memorials

When I need photos for this little Friday project I grab a few and scan them. I save them in a folder and every Friday pick one. This week I find it strange that the last photo waiting to be used was actually taken on July 4th ten years ago . . . I also find it fitting that I am standing in front of a memorial dedicated to some of the thousands of men and women who have died while serving our country . . .

. . . we spent this July 4th touring Washington D.C. and more specifically the monuments dedicated to those who have died. I also find it a little hard to grasp but some day there might be some memorial with Sean's name etched on it . . . just hard to wrap my brain around that one.

Happy Independence Day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

happy 4th Heidi

7/04/2008 11:46 AM  
Blogger soldierdeb said...

Happy 4th.
And yes one day there will a momunment for them and sean's name will be engraved. As always I only know you via the blog, but I pray and think about you and your family. You are doing a great job with Colin! Your house looks great. thank you.

7/05/2008 1:40 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

Are you still here?? I'm going to be in DC tonight and I would love to meet you! weird? I suppose :)

I need to email you that article about war blogs too...

7/05/2008 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home