Foto Friday: this and that
Wow, I am having a hard time getting over the trip . . . they always say you need a vacation from vacation which is sounding true about now. We have been home a week and I so feel like every day has been Groundhog Day . . . same old same old. Did I mention how much I miss child care? Man is it hard to get simple things accomplished with an extra set of hand. Hmmmm, maybe I need to find a Vacation Bible School for Colin; LOL and kidding too.
Yesterday at 4:30pm Colin told me, "Mommy my ear hurts very badly." I quickly realized that it was a holiday weekend so called the doctor office . . . of course they are closed until Monday. Rats! I am hoping he is just exhausted and having a hard time get adjusted back to life at home. He is so hot natured and well it is HOT here in Texas right now . . . I have sort of enjoyed the down time . . . I swear after 5 weeks on the go it is SO nice to be home . . . only leave if we have to which is great. Colin is such a home body too so not complaints from him.
Did I mention what a great time I had on the trip? I swear it was far better than I ever imagined partly because Colin was such a good boy and a great sport. It still cracks me up that after about 3 weeks he boldly proclaimed, "Mommy, no more museums!" So when I suggested the ruins he was less than thrilled until we got there and he realized it was outside and he could run and roam without having to hold my hand. I did get a few turned heads when we walked into museums in Amsterdam . . . I swear I did not see any other kids other than high school or college age but thankfully he was on his best behavior . . . who said a little bribe is bad?
View from Sardinia . . . very windy!
Yesterday at 4:30pm Colin told me, "Mommy my ear hurts very badly." I quickly realized that it was a holiday weekend so called the doctor office . . . of course they are closed until Monday. Rats! I am hoping he is just exhausted and having a hard time get adjusted back to life at home. He is so hot natured and well it is HOT here in Texas right now . . . I have sort of enjoyed the down time . . . I swear after 5 weeks on the go it is SO nice to be home . . . only leave if we have to which is great. Colin is such a home body too so not complaints from him.
Did I mention what a great time I had on the trip? I swear it was far better than I ever imagined partly because Colin was such a good boy and a great sport. It still cracks me up that after about 3 weeks he boldly proclaimed, "Mommy, no more museums!" So when I suggested the ruins he was less than thrilled until we got there and he realized it was outside and he could run and roam without having to hold my hand. I did get a few turned heads when we walked into museums in Amsterdam . . . I swear I did not see any other kids other than high school or college age but thankfully he was on his best behavior . . . who said a little bribe is bad?
View from Sardinia . . . very windy!

1 Comments:
Heidi,
I loved reading about your trip! You saw some wonderful places, and I could tell reading each day that Colin was being great. I loved reading his comments and favorites lists! Thanks for sharing your trip with us -- I miss traveling a lot!
Sue K
Post a Comment
<< Home