being positive
It is hard to believe the last two months have sort of flown by which makes me thrilled. I am still trying to come to terms with the end of the very long relationship. Thankfully, school has been super busy with testing and end of year stuff. I am not sure Colin is 100% as he still talks about him and wonders why they don't chat and play computer games on the weekend . . . that's tough for me to listen to and hear him express his feelings but hopefully in time it gets better for him. This has been his first experience understanding that someone will not be a part of your life any more. Breaks this mom's heart but well I don't really have a but at this point!
I think the one thing that I can take away is that I probably should not put him in that situation again . . . being hurt sucks but for a kid who lost his dad at such a young age this is probably hard for him to understand too. He doesn't know what it is like to have his dad living in our home, and I know he missed out . . . I will never truly understand the void he probably feels, but I can make his life as happy as possible and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. Just last week I noticed he started wearing the black memory bracelet with Sean's name so I know there must be a lot going on in his mind.
This is probably something that I will over analyze and dwell on for way too long but well it was a relationship that I invested many, many years.
The positive side is at least Colin and I have each other! A long time friend and now fellow teacher posted this the other day . . .


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home