9th grade is SO fun!
Well of course that was totally sarcastic! High School has been crazy busy . . . the homework has been constant. We have different opinions on how homework should be done, and they are exact opposites. It gets done but let me just say it has been stressful beyond anything I imagined when it comes to school work! I tried really, really hard to let him take control but that didn't work so well.
This past weekend was the first time in 9 weeks that there was no homework . . . well that is a lie because there is always endless vocabulary for AP Human Geography but it isn't due for two weeks . . . so I am told anyway. So the backpack sat from 4pm Friday until 8am Monday. I am not going to lie it was glorious . . . no arguing . . . no complaining . . . nothing that had to be done. Of course that means this week will be awful but for 2 days it was nice. Most of Colin's friends take regular ninth grade classes and they seem to have a lot more free time. Colin picked his classes and he went the challenging route . . . I am so glad he picked them so it isn't my fault! I gave him the option to change a couple at the six week mark but he is plugging along. I think his grades are fine . . . he has had issues with PAP Geometry which I can so feel his pain . . . the first mention of proofs gave me flashbacks to college. I told him about me having to take an upper level Geometry class to be certified to teach higher grades of math . . . I took it three times. Yep, THREE times! The first time I Q-dropped it which was over half way through the semester, because I was going to fail. A&M gave students to option to use a Q-drop twice with no record so it was the only one I used. The second time I made a D . . . let me tell you D does not mean degree! I finally took it the third and final time during summer as my only class and made a high B . . . it was the hardest class I took and I still cringe at the thought of proofs! Proofs were so hard for me! He has a solid B but with the multiplier for his GPA he has a good A. Now the one class that has given both of us a real headache? JROTC . . . I won't even comment but let's just say it has been a battle and not with Colin!
So 9th grade is almost 25% over! Only 60 days until we get show broilers . . .
This past weekend was the first time in 9 weeks that there was no homework . . . well that is a lie because there is always endless vocabulary for AP Human Geography but it isn't due for two weeks . . . so I am told anyway. So the backpack sat from 4pm Friday until 8am Monday. I am not going to lie it was glorious . . . no arguing . . . no complaining . . . nothing that had to be done. Of course that means this week will be awful but for 2 days it was nice. Most of Colin's friends take regular ninth grade classes and they seem to have a lot more free time. Colin picked his classes and he went the challenging route . . . I am so glad he picked them so it isn't my fault! I gave him the option to change a couple at the six week mark but he is plugging along. I think his grades are fine . . . he has had issues with PAP Geometry which I can so feel his pain . . . the first mention of proofs gave me flashbacks to college. I told him about me having to take an upper level Geometry class to be certified to teach higher grades of math . . . I took it three times. Yep, THREE times! The first time I Q-dropped it which was over half way through the semester, because I was going to fail. A&M gave students to option to use a Q-drop twice with no record so it was the only one I used. The second time I made a D . . . let me tell you D does not mean degree! I finally took it the third and final time during summer as my only class and made a high B . . . it was the hardest class I took and I still cringe at the thought of proofs! Proofs were so hard for me! He has a solid B but with the multiplier for his GPA he has a good A. Now the one class that has given both of us a real headache? JROTC . . . I won't even comment but let's just say it has been a battle and not with Colin!
So 9th grade is almost 25% over! Only 60 days until we get show broilers . . .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home