change
They say change is good. I know it is, but I am finding the older I get the harder it is becoming. The last few months I have struggled as a solo parent . . . teenagers are no fun! Seriously not at all! There are days I want to run away and days I want to send him away, but I am still trying to find a way to do this parenting job alone! It is a real struggle I tell you. Thankfully school is out soon . . . we will have less stress from homework and projects and not being responsible or doing homework. I have pretty much checked out of school since for the first time ever all my small group 5th graders passed the state math test. Seriously, it is still a shocking feeling and the kids were so excited . . . their classroom teacher worked them hard and it sure did pay off!
I tell you my sense of urgency and promptness was left out of my child's genes! We could not be more different and that is part of my problem. I am trying so very hard to accept his lack of efficiency and laid back attitude. Well I'm failing!
In other news, I went super bold last week!
A few years ago, I was struggling too. I decided I needed a purpose so I grew my hair out with intentions to cut and donate. The problem was I really liked my long locks and struggled with cutting it. I knew when the time was right that I would know. So last week it was time . . . it was starting to be heavy and just a mess.
So 19 inches gone . . . still sitting on my counter waiting to mail off. Know any good places? I have researched and found some places charge people for the wigs they make which is not where I want it to go. I have found a place that makes wigs for kids for free so probably where it will go. It has been an adjustment but I am happy with my decision . . . I feel good!
I tell you my sense of urgency and promptness was left out of my child's genes! We could not be more different and that is part of my problem. I am trying so very hard to accept his lack of efficiency and laid back attitude. Well I'm failing!
In other news, I went super bold last week!
A few years ago, I was struggling too. I decided I needed a purpose so I grew my hair out with intentions to cut and donate. The problem was I really liked my long locks and struggled with cutting it. I knew when the time was right that I would know. So last week it was time . . . it was starting to be heavy and just a mess.
So 19 inches gone . . . still sitting on my counter waiting to mail off. Know any good places? I have researched and found some places charge people for the wigs they make which is not where I want it to go. I have found a place that makes wigs for kids for free so probably where it will go. It has been an adjustment but I am happy with my decision . . . I feel good!



1 Comments:
I don't think I've commented on a blog post in quite a while. But I lurk, I read them. Your hair is beautiful and someone will be thrilled you shared it.
At 82, I am still learning to live, and who ever thinks they will live this long? Not me, both my husband and I look at each other in wonder, what genes we must have!
Teenagers become grownups and wonderful people. Your's will, mine did.
We just attended a granddaughter's graduation from medical school. A new resident in Family Medicine, not the high dollar maker she started in as a major in neuroscience from USC. And she had scholarships all the way.
On the other hand, her sister whom we love just as dearly was apparently like Colin. It's hard to compete with an overachiever big sister. Or mother. But she is now a junior in university doing a major in environmental science and a minor in literature.
Colin will find his way as well. Maturity comes later in boys, but it does come.
Relax and enjoy your summer.
Ruth H
Post a Comment
<< Home