Sunday, November 13, 2005

1 year

Today has been no different than the last 365 days because each and everyday I have missed Sean more and more. For 52 weeks my life has felt empty and I still continue to search to be at peace. I really don't know what else to say today other than the obvious so I will say this . .

Sean loved serving his country, he loved his soldiers, and was doing what he wanted to be doing. The end result was not what any of us wanted or expected, but I think Sean probably would not have had it any other way. He was a true Infantryman . . .


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think of you and Colin each day and I can't imagine how hard today is for you. I can still remember receiving your email a year ago. Sean was an amazing person, friend, and soldier and I know that you have your own angel watching over you and Colin. I think that sharing each thought and memory of your life with Sean will give you some peace. You are an amazing person and I know how proud Sean would be of you and all you are doing for your son. You are in our prayers each day and we will never forget what an amazing soldier and friend Sean was.
Love, Kara

11/13/2005 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,

I too remember that email and believe it is still saved on our computer along with all the other correspondence of the following weeks. I don't have the perfect words but I do want you to know that I have been thinking of you & Colin and praying for you both. I have this photo of Sean in our living room and pray for you every time I see it.

Love, Teresa

11/13/2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger Roxxi said...

You are an amazing women who has more strength than I could ever imagine. I think about you and Colin a lot(wow how he has grown!)
Just wanted you to know that your husband was an incredible leader and loved by all of his men.

11/14/2005 5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rangers Lead the Way and Duty First Sean Sims!

I am so terribly sorry for your loss; I truly am... Sean, like some of my other friends who have not made it, were way too young.

I feel guilty about still being here... I pray for you and Colin. I am very sorry for your loss. God Bless!

Sincerely/Scott

11/13/2006 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home