Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Benefit Update

Good news! I am happy to report that SA 2424 passed overwhelmingly 93-5 a few days ago . . . this would eliminate the SBP/DIC offset that I wrote about when I was on my soapbox a few days ago. Now it must go to committee. Keep your fingers crossed! If you would still like to write a letter to your representatives it is never too late . . . this link is super easy . . . enter your zip code and the hard part is done for you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great, Heidi. It reinstills my hope that our government will take care of soldiers and their families.

11/09/2005 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to your soapbox I was able to have a halfway intelligent conversation with someone about this. I wish only good comes of this.

11/10/2005 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I emailed several letters, and I even got a reply from Sen. Durbin here in Illinois. Hooray!
Sarah's Mom

11/13/2005 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home