Unlikely Friendship
I have been trying to figure how to write about a newly formed friendship . . . it is not someone I ever expected to know. Just yesterday as I read her blog she too mentioned our friendship so let me give a little background . . .
When news got out about Sean many people emailed me websites that talked about Sean . . . one was a blog by Texas Bug . . . she talked a lot about Sean but I had no idea who she was or where she got her information about Sean. She was always very positive and kind . . . should I have known her or was she a stranger who read about Sean? A few days later I got an email from my friend Ginger telling me that a lady named Nancy was sending me a picture of Sean in his senior boots from Boot Dance . . . I assumed it was someone that worked at AR Photography (they took a lot of the photos at A&M events). I got the photo and was so glad to have it. I have always had a photo of Sean and his date to Boot Dance but never one of just Sean. For some reason, I kept the photo of Sean and his date all these years . . . it moved everywhere we moved . . . and with each move it brought me a laugh. I always gave Sean a hard time about it. It took me a few months to figure out who the sender of the photo was but it was just a light bulb kind of moment . . . now click here for the rest of the story . . .
So Texas Bug is no other than Sean's date to Boot Dance . . . for so many years I have moved her photo around the world while Sean's photo was stored away in her attic. Life is just strange sometimes . . . thank you Nancy for giving me the photo!
When news got out about Sean many people emailed me websites that talked about Sean . . . one was a blog by Texas Bug . . . she talked a lot about Sean but I had no idea who she was or where she got her information about Sean. She was always very positive and kind . . . should I have known her or was she a stranger who read about Sean? A few days later I got an email from my friend Ginger telling me that a lady named Nancy was sending me a picture of Sean in his senior boots from Boot Dance . . . I assumed it was someone that worked at AR Photography (they took a lot of the photos at A&M events). I got the photo and was so glad to have it. I have always had a photo of Sean and his date to Boot Dance but never one of just Sean. For some reason, I kept the photo of Sean and his date all these years . . . it moved everywhere we moved . . . and with each move it brought me a laugh. I always gave Sean a hard time about it. It took me a few months to figure out who the sender of the photo was but it was just a light bulb kind of moment . . . now click here for the rest of the story . . .
So Texas Bug is no other than Sean's date to Boot Dance . . . for so many years I have moved her photo around the world while Sean's photo was stored away in her attic. Life is just strange sometimes . . . thank you Nancy for giving me the photo!

3 Comments:
That is so ironic...life is so funny sometimes!
TexasBug is how I first learned about Sean and your family. I've been reading your site for a while now and just never mentioned it. The thing I remember most were the last pictures you have of Sean with Colin. It broke my heart then, and still does today.
I knew Sean was someone special- you could tell by the stories people were telling about him following his death. I've thought of you often over the past year. I've really enjoyed hearing more about your live before, during, and after Sean's death.
Thank you. I wish there was something we could do to make Sean's passing easier. I hope that you've found comfort in writing about your lives together.
You know you're more than welcome! It's funny that I held on to the picture of Sean all those years. I kept thinking "this is the only picture of him the first time he wore his senior boots....someone in his family needs to have it". I contemplated mailing it to his parents, but I no information on how to find them. Last I knew them, they were still in Korea! Like your picture of us together, Sean's solo picture moved with me many, many times. Immediately when I got the news, I thought of the photo and thought "So THAT'S who I've been saving it for".
Sean would get such a kick out of these stories, don't you think??
Post a Comment
<< Home