A Wrap Up
It is super hot right now and Colin has decided that when he is outside he should take off his clothes. I seem to agree but can't imagine what the parents and neighbors would think. If it would help us get some rain I would gladly do a naked rain dance or something. Here he is in action . . .
Nudist Colony here I come . . .
Did I mention how hot it is? We had something called humidity in Texas and it is usually in the 90% range . . . add the summer heat and it is just like having a huge outside sauna. Maybe I can sweat off those extra pounds? The poor farmers are really hurting . . . all the crops are just dried up.
We are going to College Station tomorrow . . . and it is always so much more humid down there. Our first stop is the cemetery, then over to Mary's to visit, pick up some hot wings at Wings and More (my mouth is watering just thinking about them) for dinner, and our last stop is the monument place . . . I HAVE to buy one soon. It has been the biggest hurdle for me because that makes everything so final. I still struggle with what to put on it. It will never be right because it should never has Sean's name on there and I should not have to do this at 32 . . . am I really 32? Where does time go?
It seems that whatever I write or post on message boards I offend someone . . . remember that blog post about the in-laws last week ananonymousnomous comment? I posted a link on the Gold Star Wives private message board and some just thought it was horrible. A friend, hi Genie, sent me a link about Cindy Sheehan and her hunger strike. I thought it was funny and might bring someone else a laugh after all everyone on there has lost their husband while serving in the military and most in Iraq. Instead I got a tongue lashing from a couple of ladies which gave me a bigger laugh. Oh well . . . you live and learn, but I guess I am still in the learning stage.
There was one other thing I thought of last night but my mind is just spinning . . . maybe next time. Happy Week to all those who care about me.

16 Comments:
The video was really funny! Thanks for sharing. Don't worry so much about offendeing someone else. There are some weird people out there and I personally think that you are a very thoughtful and non-offending person. I had one of those anonymous comment on my blog...If they don't like what they see they can close the page right?!?
Heidi, just do what I do with most of those messages, ignore or delete. I only read what I need to.
The video gave me a much needed laugh.
Congrats on the house! Big step and tons of decisions ahead. Good luck!
HW
Sorry about that, but I'm glad that it gave you a laugh. I thought it was a pretty funny take on a stupid idea. I liked the lady at the juice counter saying their shakes were definitely not suitable for a fast. (They looked good, didn't they? Yum!)
Heidi - What a great video!! I wish the husband had something other than dial-up in Kiev, he would LOVE it. It made me laugh out loud. And the nudie pics - so much embarassment in store....
KBG
Of course he wants to take all his clothes off, he's a little boy; and well,little girls do it too. Too cute!
Heidi,
This is totally unrelated but do you watch Treasure Hunters? I know you love The Amazing Race and this is similar but better I think. What's your take? My sister wants to form a team she loves it so much.
Love,T
The video was so funny, and Colin made me laugh! You have the right to say anything you want! I met Genie when I went to visit Sarah, and she was lots of fun. Also, I've been watching Treasure Hunters, and I lke it too. I'm a big Amazing Race fan. It's pretty exciting about your house!
Nancy
Heidi, we went to Wurzburg this weekend. I stopped by the 1st ID memorial; it was very nice and the grounds are well-kept. Since the Division has left, do you know what they are doing with the memorial? Are they moving it to Fort Riley? Just thought I would let you know. jenn
There is nothing cuter than naked baby boys. My two run around shooting each other and we don't own any toy guns...wink wink.
And Heidi, say what you want. People should just relax...and anyway it's your blog! :)
Back again, I was just thinking about the Cindy Sheehan fast. It cracks me up that they consider this fast (what is it an hour per person?) some kind of sacrifice. World Vision sponsors a REAL fast for starving children around the world. And you know who participates? Teens. They fast for 30 Hours, all of them at the same time, to raise money for impoverished children around the world. Google 30 Hour Famine...
Hey there! I just had to write and tell you how adorable those pictures are of Colin!!! Good luck with the groundbreaking of your home, what a milestone!
What a good Texas boy! On a tractor before he's 5! I hear ya about the Texas heat! I haven't visited here in the summer in 6 years, and boy oh boy had I forgotten! If it were socially acceptable, I think I might join Colin!
I swear, you never can tell what will make people mad. Sometimes I write a post I *swear* will offend someone, and no one comments. And then I write something offhand without a moment's thought and I get scores of comments. I've given up trying to guess what will set people off!
Heidi, it's your blog, if people don't like it they don't have to read it... right? right!! And about buying a monument for Sean, if your not ready, don't do it yet, Sean isn't going anywhere, wait til the time is right for you.
I love these pictures of Colin. There is nothing cuter than seeing little kids running around in the buff...so innocent and free :). I love that John Deere, too.
Sorry I'm late with throwing in my comment!
Colin would love it in Germany, he could be naked anywhere...especially at the pool. LOL
Congratulations to the house, we are totally excited for you!
I would have a hard time buying bricks. Something like that you can't replace like a lamp or a courtain if you decide 6 month down the road you don't like it anymore.
That's what happens to me all the time ;)
B.S.
Post a Comment
<< Home