Friday, December 29, 2006

Shootout: Return to Fallujah

The History Channel will air a one hour show about Fallujah. Several soldiers that were in Alpha Company 2-2 will be featured and interviewed. I don't know what to expect but will be watching . . . just not sure . . . I am sure someone will tape it so I can watch it later if needed. Here is a summary . . .

Shootout : Return to Fallujah
Friday December 29 01:00 PM and 7:00 PM Eastern (12 and 6 Texas)
The Battle for Fallujah was the ultimate battle zone. We take you back to expose the anatomy of the warriors and high tech weapons. Armored columns of U.S. Marines and Infantrymen push through the city to terminate insurgents armed with an arsenal of weaponry, including AK-47s, machine guns and rocket propelled grenades. Improvised Explosive Devices, or IEDs, are planted everywhere. We'll get an up close look at the harrowing and heroic shootouts and we will see the extraordinary weaponry used to take down the enemy combatants including the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, the M16 and M249 SAW, the Abrams M1A1 Tank, and man portable satchel charges.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I saw the announcement of that show. I wondered how you and others so badly affected by it would handle it. Everytime I think of you I think a little prayer for your peace of spirit. I will be with all my children and three of my four grandchildren tomorrow and I thank God for it and pray for those of you who are not with your most beloved on Christmas. My best to you and hug Colin for me. Ruth

12/24/2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks for posting about this Heidi. I hadn't heard about it, and have set up my DVR to record it. Don't know if P. will want to watch it or not, but I'm interested in seeing it. You and Colin are in my thoughts this Holiday Season.

12/24/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

We'll definitely watch it.

Thinking of you.

12/24/2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger mary said...

Heidi,
Not sure if I will be watching it. Anything to do with the war is still so hard for me. I will be saying a prayer for you though. Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.
Mary

12/28/2006 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just turned on the show right at 17 minutes passed the hour. they started the portion on Sean & 2-2 right after then. then in the middle they went to a commercial break. at 24 minutes the hour they came back & did a short re-intro of what they had already covered & talked more about it.
just wanted to post in case you or anyone else end up watching it in a rebroadcast.
my eyes started 'sweating' early on...
prayers

12/29/2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/29/2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Jen said...
That's weird, I turned it on at 17 past the hour too. Right then they were talking about 2-2 and Sean, and it kind of shocked us to have the segment on 2-2 on right away. My husband was part of TF 2-2 in B 1/63. He called his parents to tell them to watch. I wish we would have seen it from the beginning. There wasn't a dry eye in this house either. We're thinking about you and Colin.

12/29/2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

Heidi,
My husband just watched the segment on Sean. I don't know what to say, but his men sure loved him. And we have a greater respect for all our soldiers, etc. and what they face for us.
Love from us
Monique and Terry

12/29/2006 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home