so VERY close
I just returned from the house and it is moving faster now! I can't believe it is almost finished
. . . the sink is installed with no cracks; holding my breath
. . . the chandelier is hung and working . . . the electrician (need to get his name and never use him) said it just isn't going to work because it is wired for 220 (bought in Germany). I have the adapters for the bulbs and he insisted that I don't need them, guess what? I do and it would not work without them.
The inside just needs some paint touch up and a good cleaning What is left?
. . . the landscapers were installing the sprinkler system.
Now I have two new issues . . .
. . . the flag pole which I just had to have . . . my poor dad is digging a two foot deep hole and it is solid rock . . . poor papa but he will do anything for his pumpkin!
. . . the gate (5 ft) on the fence is too big for the sidewalk (3 ft) so they have to come fix that.
Who knew these silly last minute details would be so difficult! I will post photos soon but I am starting to get a little freaked out that some crazy person will find me . . . might have to do a private emailing or something. Oh well, after two long years we almost have a house of our own . . . I can't believe it and what am I going to do to occupy my time now? I am going to have to find a couple new projects . . .
And the playhouse . . . is just so cute . . . very bright and just need to paint the door yet one more bright color . . . I might just live in that because it will be much easier to clean!
. . . the sink is installed with no cracks; holding my breath
. . . the chandelier is hung and working . . . the electrician (need to get his name and never use him) said it just isn't going to work because it is wired for 220 (bought in Germany). I have the adapters for the bulbs and he insisted that I don't need them, guess what? I do and it would not work without them.
The inside just needs some paint touch up and a good cleaning What is left?
. . . the landscapers were installing the sprinkler system.
Now I have two new issues . . .
. . . the flag pole which I just had to have . . . my poor dad is digging a two foot deep hole and it is solid rock . . . poor papa but he will do anything for his pumpkin!
. . . the gate (5 ft) on the fence is too big for the sidewalk (3 ft) so they have to come fix that.
Who knew these silly last minute details would be so difficult! I will post photos soon but I am starting to get a little freaked out that some crazy person will find me . . . might have to do a private emailing or something. Oh well, after two long years we almost have a house of our own . . . I can't believe it and what am I going to do to occupy my time now? I am going to have to find a couple new projects . . .
And the playhouse . . . is just so cute . . . very bright and just need to paint the door yet one more bright color . . . I might just live in that because it will be much easier to clean!

6 Comments:
I cannot wait to see the photos. If we're ever in your neck of the woods, we'll have to stop by for a little housewarming. I'm sure that having the house will keep you busy. There will be all kinds of new things to buy. It never fails that every time you move there is a ton of stuff to buy and decorate. :-) That's my favorite part. I'm sure that you're getting excited and nervous. Can't wait to see the finished product and I would love to see pictures of all the rooms.
~Teresa
Heidi
My father is a electrician and has been for 30 years. He said that rewiring a 220 to 110 is really easy.....just thought I would share!:0) I cannot believe that it's almost done! Yeah!:0) How exciting and scary both.
My brother is an electrican in Waco, Mark Perry -- MP Electric.
Have fun decorating,
Diana Stodola
Heidi, I'm so happy for you! If you decide to do a private emailing, put me on the list! I'd love to see photos...
Heidi,
I have read and reread every blog you have shared and I am so proud of the woman you've shown the world you are...how lucky Colin is to have a strong, proud, and loyal woman to raise him...even if she HAS to be an Aggie!!!
Enjoy your house and know that Sean is proud of the accomplishment for you and Colin. I'm in the midst of building my own house here...very near you and Sean's old place...I loved your flooring in the pics...
I miss you and think of you daily as I open the door to your old room, which is now my own!!
The Red Raider of Vilseck
Congrats! I sure hope you put a few pictures up for us all to see!
Post a Comment
<< Home