Transition
Well the transition has not gone as easy as I had hoped. Colin still wants 'to go home' to Papa's house. I keep telling him that this is our house and we live here. He doesn't get it yet. I find myself just sitting here staring at walls . . . empty of course because I hate putting nail holes in them. I think it will take me months to get stuff on the wall. It almost feels like we are just hanging out . . . when will it become real? Hopefully it will get better this weekend. My parents are staying with us hoping that might help the boy. Time will tell . . . great weekend to all.

10 Comments:
Everytime we move we have that problem with the girl. She always cries and says she's ready to go home. It gets better, I promise. And since this is your last move for quite some time, you'll at least not have to deal with it again.
We're all still eagerly awaiting pictures!
Heidi,
I must agree that in time it will be easier. I know that doesn't help you right now. Sam still talks about his "old house". We've been here for about 5 1/2 months and Sam just told me that he doesn't want to go back to the old house because he wants to stay at his new house. When Colin gets to make friends in the neighborhood, it will help a lot to ease the transition. Thinking of you and Colin. Love, T
Heidi--
Your parents' house is the probably the home that Colin most sees and remembers as "his". It will take him some time for this transition--as it will for you as well. Enjoy making it a home and adding your special touch to the place that will be a shelter and refuge for you and your little man.
Hugs,
L
this is a tough one...
I am guessing he doesn't want to live in case Daddy comes home...
and I am sure, that it is equally hard for Mom.
My guess is, it will be like new shoes.
The longer you wear them, the better it feels.
I have no advice heare at all...
and am hoping for Gods Grace on this one!!
Hang in there.
The major percentage of Colin's young life has been spent at his grandparents. He is not old enough to understand that at one time you had your own home and now want that again. It will help that they come see him in his new place, not just for the weekend, but often. Just a little drop in from time to time will be a big help. Stephanie's advice is good, praising his new room, the playhouse, helping him put things right where he wants them, that might help him connect it to "mine" a little bit easier. I'm pretty sure he understands the concept of "mine" ;D
As for your feelings, I know it must be a very lonely time for you, and then to top it off Colin isn't happy with it yet.
Good luck, I know you will get through it, remember many people you don't even know are praying for you.
I have to say, I know what he is feeling, I always want to go back to my "old" house for awhile after we move too. I know I will feel that way about the house we are in now because I had my first born in this house, I will be terribly sad to leave here. It is wonderful that you have such understanding and helpful parents, I am sure this is hard on them as well. I will be praying for you as always.
Heidi,
The age Colin is at is such a tricky age. I'm fortunate that both of my kids went through that age while we were stable in one place. Three is tough. I agree with the others that having your parents there for support will be very helpful. I'm so happy for you in this milestone, yet I'm also sad for you and Colin that you have to take this step without Sean. As always, the two of you are in my thoughts.
This must be a difficult for you too. You are in our thoughts and prayers as you get settled...
Wow, I am the exact opposite. Once the furniture is in place, next comes the pictures and wall stuff. I can't handle blank walls! Pictures of the interior anytime soon? What colors are the kitchens and bathrooms?
Post a Comment
<< Home