b-o-r-e-d
Well, I am totally bored today and it is not even 5 yet. I swear this has been the week of laziness . . . and playing Wii with Colin . . . that kid is sharp on the tank game (Wii Play) . . . he has 'mastered' it three times . . . all 20 levels; seriously.
Anyway, we went earlier in the week to buy his school supplies for Kindergarten and you know I am so going to complain. I got the list and it was way too specific . . . I mean almost EVERY item on the list gave a specific name brand; Crayola, Fiskars, Kleenex, etc . . . now as a teacher I know that some brands of products are better . . . Crayola is better than generic; trust me. I don't have a problem buying the more expensive (even thought right now a box of 24 crayons is only 25 cents) brands BUT when the supplies are stock piled for 'community' use well that bothers me. I spend the money for my child to enjoy those products and let's face it not everyone will buy the requested brand . . . I don't want Colin stuck with the crappy watercolors because that is what was given to him. I haven't labeled anything but am considering it! Can you tell I am so excited to be back home and get into the routine of life? I am SO itching to be somewhere else . . . anywhere else . . . too bad the housing market is so bad . . . I could sell the house, home school the kid, and explore the world; now that is what I am talking about. I tell you that 2 month vacation is going to haunt me for a long time . . . it was that awesome . . . time to start saving again.
Speaking of exploring the world . . . I bought a book to read on my last trip; did not even crack a page; LOL . . . having way too much fun! Anyway, I did read the first few chapters last night and it has me so thinking . . . 360 Degrees Longitude . . . so cool and some day we are so doing this!
I told Colin to go put some shoes on yesterday . . . he came to my room with a look of frustration holding one boot . . . he told me that none of his shoes fit not even his cowboy boots. Of course I figured he was not trying hard enough but well, NONE of his shoes fit except a pair of brown sandals . . . poor kid. Note to self . . . go shopping NOW . . . do not wait for the tax-free weekend to save $4 . . . so not worth the crowds. Which means I guess I need to make sure he has clothing that is presentable for school now . . . real school . . . I can't believe my baby is starting school. HMMMMMM, this is so going to cramp my travel schedule, lol. We did order a backpack yesterday . . . and he has only asked a hundred times when it will be here . . . come on Lands End get it in the mail!
Did I mention that my 'wife' lives just 45 minutes down the road? YES, we can meet half way and just have a coffee . . . so much easier than driving to Kansas . . . guess the yellow brick road won't see us any time soon. 45 minutes . . . how nice is that? I am certain her husband will be less than thrilled, lol. Remember you told me once a week for some sort of meeting . . . I am so holding you to it!
I guess that about does it for now . . . I am sure I can think of a dozen other things to complain about but will save that for a rainy day . . . which was yesterday . . . we got rain in Texas in July!
Have a great weekend! Life continues to make me smile!
Anyway, we went earlier in the week to buy his school supplies for Kindergarten and you know I am so going to complain. I got the list and it was way too specific . . . I mean almost EVERY item on the list gave a specific name brand; Crayola, Fiskars, Kleenex, etc . . . now as a teacher I know that some brands of products are better . . . Crayola is better than generic; trust me. I don't have a problem buying the more expensive (even thought right now a box of 24 crayons is only 25 cents) brands BUT when the supplies are stock piled for 'community' use well that bothers me. I spend the money for my child to enjoy those products and let's face it not everyone will buy the requested brand . . . I don't want Colin stuck with the crappy watercolors because that is what was given to him. I haven't labeled anything but am considering it! Can you tell I am so excited to be back home and get into the routine of life? I am SO itching to be somewhere else . . . anywhere else . . . too bad the housing market is so bad . . . I could sell the house, home school the kid, and explore the world; now that is what I am talking about. I tell you that 2 month vacation is going to haunt me for a long time . . . it was that awesome . . . time to start saving again.
Speaking of exploring the world . . . I bought a book to read on my last trip; did not even crack a page; LOL . . . having way too much fun! Anyway, I did read the first few chapters last night and it has me so thinking . . . 360 Degrees Longitude . . . so cool and some day we are so doing this!
I told Colin to go put some shoes on yesterday . . . he came to my room with a look of frustration holding one boot . . . he told me that none of his shoes fit not even his cowboy boots. Of course I figured he was not trying hard enough but well, NONE of his shoes fit except a pair of brown sandals . . . poor kid. Note to self . . . go shopping NOW . . . do not wait for the tax-free weekend to save $4 . . . so not worth the crowds. Which means I guess I need to make sure he has clothing that is presentable for school now . . . real school . . . I can't believe my baby is starting school. HMMMMMM, this is so going to cramp my travel schedule, lol. We did order a backpack yesterday . . . and he has only asked a hundred times when it will be here . . . come on Lands End get it in the mail!
Did I mention that my 'wife' lives just 45 minutes down the road? YES, we can meet half way and just have a coffee . . . so much easier than driving to Kansas . . . guess the yellow brick road won't see us any time soon. 45 minutes . . . how nice is that? I am certain her husband will be less than thrilled, lol. Remember you told me once a week for some sort of meeting . . . I am so holding you to it!
I guess that about does it for now . . . I am sure I can think of a dozen other things to complain about but will save that for a rainy day . . . which was yesterday . . . we got rain in Texas in July!
Have a great weekend! Life continues to make me smile!

5 Comments:
You inspire me to smile also, wish I had the guts to travel like you do. Someday! I am so happy you have had such a great summer, I am the fall will bring great adventures also.
Can't believe it is Kindergarten already....when Ayden got his backpack, he wore it around ALL day! I agree with the school supplies, I have been to the store 5 times looking for "prang" watercolors....they had them months ago and I should have bought it then! We have to label every crayon! Hard to write a name on a little crayon...oh well. I am so happy that the "wife" is so close, what a blessing!
also, you'll have to email me a picture of Colin on the 1st day of school, I want to put it in a book for Ayden next to the pictures of us preggo and them as babies!
Ha, you don't want to spread your Crayola wealth around? Heh.
ooh your baby is starting kindergarten! I'm jealous.
You know the whole school supply thing would greatly irritate me as well. GREATLY. I would, whoops, label everything and send it on in.
Post a Comment
<< Home