Monday, August 03, 2009

news

It has been almost five years since Sean died . . . I knew he was gone, forever . . . I read about this last night. I can not imagine how this family must be feeling today . . . after so many years have passed and toddlers are now grown up and adults themselves . . . I just can't imagine. I can only hope that knowing will give them some sort of closure . . . if there really is such a thing when you loose a family member at war.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Heidi,
I thanked Sean last night for making Iraq a safer place, because my son is leaving for Iraq within hours. Matt was only a high school kid when he met Sean briefly on the stairs at VES, and now he's a young Capain, USA, himself.
Dave is reading HOUSE TO HOUSE, the memoir by Sgt. Bellavia. We talked about you, your son, and Sean last night. I check this blog to make sure your doing okay. I realize you have a very strong support system. I think of you every time I see a teapot and send you warm fuzzy thoughts.

8/19/2009 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi, I'm reading through your blog and acthing up. So many things so familiar. Catie Mae started Kdg. this year alos and she sounds like Colin so much. I thin all us preggo's at VES birthed some strong willed babies for sure. When I read about you crying when asked about Shawn...it so hit home...I know you know how much your life has touched mine. That year is a year I think will forever more change us. So many lives lost that year and in such a small community. 5 years later and I still can't hear a song or stand up an salute a flag without a tear in my eye and thinking of Sahwn andyou and Martin and all the otehrs. I wonder if I will ever be o.k. and not cry and when I hear you do the same it gives me some comfort that tis not just me and that maybe I am normal. I do know that year forevermore changed us all. But i wanted you to know you are always in my thoughts and prayers as is Collin.

Dana

10/23/2009 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home