Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Another Dream

Dreams are so hard to remember! I had another dream with Sean last night. Many know that this is something that really saddens me . . . I thought Sean would visit me more in my dreams but he doesn't. I can only remember bits and pieces and was too lazy to get up and write some notes. I know that sounds crazy but I keep a pen and paper by my bed. I have become so very forgetful the last few months that I have to write everything down. Back to my dream . . . we were burying a big shaggy black dog . . . don't know who the dog was but I had a medium sized black shaggy dog named Cowboy who wandered off and we never found her. We assume she died . . . as crazy as it sounds maybe Sean found her and wanted to bury her? Anyway, we were talking and the only thing I remember is something Sean said, "looks like you are surviving . . . which is more than I can say." I just smiled at him and replied, "not by choice . . . I would much rather have you here with me." We both chuckled . . . he started digging a hole, and I woke up. I guess he is watching me bad habits and all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Dang. That gave me chills.

5/31/2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I don't believe you are crazy...my grandma used to keep a pen and paper next to her bed too. She has visited me many many times in my dreams since she died.

I have several dream books. It's a subject that I have always found interesting. You might want to get "The Secret Language of Dreams" by David Fontana. I've always found it helpful when trying to figure out what or why I was dreaming. Enjoy your dreams :)

(p.s. my book says that dreaming of dogs can represent devotion. I think Sean was telling you how much he still loves you and is devoted to you! I love dreams!)

5/31/2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three times, my husband has dreamed something that happened the next day. I'm a believer now :)

5/31/2006 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother died three years ago, and my dad died almost forty years ago. I dream about my mother all the time, but my dad only occasionally. My dad dreams were always upsetting, like someone had died, etc., etc., but my mom's dreams are very comforting. I guess she's still taking care of me even while she's in heaven, and I'm sure Sean is doing the same for you.
Nancy

6/01/2006 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home