Oh No, Not Again!
I will get to the title in a minute but in the mean time see if you can possibly figure out what it could be!
Got an early call . . . okay so 9 isn't that early . . . from the builder. He needed to meet and look at brick. No problem I could look all day and still not decide. I mean do you really know how many shades of red and brown brick are out there? I get there and think I have it narrowed down to two shades of brown brick. The lady doesn't think either would look good with the stone. Did I say stone? Oh yes, there is some rock on the house too. I just couldn't make it so easy to pick one brick. I must make sure the brick and stone match and don't clash . . . why oh why do I do this to myself? The stone is called Tan Lueders and the brick was still a huge question mark. The brick lady finds a few houses for me to go look at . . . I told the builder I would go and give him a call in less than a hour. He says, "Why don't I follow you?" Huuummm, guess I HAVE to decide today. I ask him when he needs the brick and he says, "tomorrow" . . . what? Yes, he wants it there so they can start on the day after Labor Day. Oh my, that is quick. I tell him that I will follow him and off we go. We looked at two houses and I made a choice. It wasn't my first choice . . . or second choice . . . heck it wasn't even on my list but the decision is made, I hope! I sure hope it looks good because there is no turning back now! What is the color? Commercial Antique . . . sounds more like an appliance than brick.
So now it is time for the title . . . do you remember Buddy? Well, if not then go read about him here. We live in the middle of nowhere . . . so we have some wild cats to help keep rodents away. Yes, we feed them regular food too. My mom and I were joking how we haven't seen the mommy cat lately and wondered where she was. I made a joke about her probably getting 'knocked up' again. My dad smiles and says, "she is under the trailer with her kittens." We all laugh. A week passes and we still haven't seen the mommy but the baby is starting to cry a lot. I guess she took off. Well, low and behold my dad drags her out and feeds her some milk with an eye dropper. Can you believe this? We are feeding another baby animal. I told my mom, "I am NOT feeding a baby cat!" Well, after seeing the happiness in the eyes of the boy it looks like we will be feeding this cat after all . . . can you see how excited he is?
Got an early call . . . okay so 9 isn't that early . . . from the builder. He needed to meet and look at brick. No problem I could look all day and still not decide. I mean do you really know how many shades of red and brown brick are out there? I get there and think I have it narrowed down to two shades of brown brick. The lady doesn't think either would look good with the stone. Did I say stone? Oh yes, there is some rock on the house too. I just couldn't make it so easy to pick one brick. I must make sure the brick and stone match and don't clash . . . why oh why do I do this to myself? The stone is called Tan Lueders and the brick was still a huge question mark. The brick lady finds a few houses for me to go look at . . . I told the builder I would go and give him a call in less than a hour. He says, "Why don't I follow you?" Huuummm, guess I HAVE to decide today. I ask him when he needs the brick and he says, "tomorrow" . . . what? Yes, he wants it there so they can start on the day after Labor Day. Oh my, that is quick. I tell him that I will follow him and off we go. We looked at two houses and I made a choice. It wasn't my first choice . . . or second choice . . . heck it wasn't even on my list but the decision is made, I hope! I sure hope it looks good because there is no turning back now! What is the color? Commercial Antique . . . sounds more like an appliance than brick.
So now it is time for the title . . . do you remember Buddy? Well, if not then go read about him here. We live in the middle of nowhere . . . so we have some wild cats to help keep rodents away. Yes, we feed them regular food too. My mom and I were joking how we haven't seen the mommy cat lately and wondered where she was. I made a joke about her probably getting 'knocked up' again. My dad smiles and says, "she is under the trailer with her kittens." We all laugh. A week passes and we still haven't seen the mommy but the baby is starting to cry a lot. I guess she took off. Well, low and behold my dad drags her out and feeds her some milk with an eye dropper. Can you believe this? We are feeding another baby animal. I told my mom, "I am NOT feeding a baby cat!" Well, after seeing the happiness in the eyes of the boy it looks like we will be feeding this cat after all . . . can you see how excited he is?
He told me, "Colin do it!" Those are his favorite words lately followed by "No, mommy do it!"
We are off to buy a real baby kitten bottle . . . oh and I start back to school tomorrow . . . let the learning begin!


8 Comments:
I have bottle fed many a baby cats...let me know if you need any help? GOOD LUCK!!!! What's this ones name going to be????
What is it about kids and pets?! Terry took the boys to a Lego festival and came home with Legos...and a fish. You are way more experienced than I ever want to be with taking care of animals ;)
Well the boy is real creative with his names so we now have Kitty the Kitten.
It's a great way to see the gentle side of boys though, isn't it? He looks like he's soooo intent on being careful with the kitten. What a great experience for your little man! I love seeing this side of my son, too.
L
Watch out - I let the boy name our first cat and we ended up with "Robert". The kids (the boy mostly) desperately wants a kitten now but all I can think about are the leather couches we bought 2 weeks before moving....
Old friends let their young daughters name their first cat. The cat was white with black splotches - she was christened "Chocolate"...
Good luck with the baby kitten. And if you need some distractions, check out this website:
www.cuteoverload.com
It's LOADED with images of cute animals doing all sorts of silly things. All sorts of animals - hamsters to horses. Lots of fun for the animal lover. And Colin might enjoy it as well.
Kris, in New England
Well, I would've guessed that Buddy was back OR Cindy Sheehan from the title. Just a quick note on the brick: I think you'll be happy since you've seen it on a house. The small samples they have can be misleading. It's kind of like paint. Trust you've made the right decision. Arent' you excited? They'll be starting in less than a week on your brick? I can't wait to see pictures.
T
Kitty the kitten sounds about as creative as my sons goldfish named "goldie". Boys come up with the best names, simple and to the point. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home