Ireland Trivia #22 ANSWER
The correct answer was . . . Waterford, Ireland
No, I did not buy anything. Why? The tour was great and the carvers were so nice to stop and talk to you and show their work BUT when I was looking in the showroom I noticed that they were had Waterford Crystal for sale that was Made in Germany . . . yep, they were also selling stuff made in Neustadt, Germany! I could go buy it in my backyard for a tenth of the price. I do recommend the tour if that sort of stuff interest you. Thanks for playing!
No, I did not buy anything. Why? The tour was great and the carvers were so nice to stop and talk to you and show their work BUT when I was looking in the showroom I noticed that they were had Waterford Crystal for sale that was Made in Germany . . . yep, they were also selling stuff made in Neustadt, Germany! I could go buy it in my backyard for a tenth of the price. I do recommend the tour if that sort of stuff interest you. Thanks for playing!

3 Comments:
That's funny...I did hear that they produced for Waterford in Neustadt. Over the 4th of July, we went to Savannah with a couple...the wife is from Waterford, Ireland and she described it so well that I want to go back and see it! Fun times :) I just gave me last collection of crystal wedding gifts away two weeks ago...no more crystal gravy boats or candle sticks as wedding gifts! I miss that factory!
oops..*my* last collection
My mom gave D. and I matching Waterford crystal champagne flutes as a wedding gift, about $100 for the pair. When we were in Neustadt, I saw the EXACT same pattern and bought 6 for about $30! The only difference is the ones from Neustadt didn't have the Waterford name etched on the bottom of the glasses. Crazy!
Post a Comment
<< Home