Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Still searching . . .

. . . for inspiration that is . . . doesn't seem like my brain is in the creative mode lately . . . or that I have anything to write about . . . maybe it is also that Colin just doesn't allow me much free time anymore. We went to a family reunion on Sunday and had a good time. I haven't been in many years due to living in Germany and they only happen every other year. This was the first one I have attended since 2000 . . . so much has changed in my life. There was a nice tribute to Sean in our 1-800-GOSSIP book . . . listing of everyone's address and a tribute to previous family members who have died. I went ahead and listed our new address which felt good to see on paper. I must admit that it is starting to scare me a bit. I have always known that there were two 'milestones' in my new life . . . buying a headstone for Sean and buying a house . . . once these two tasks were accomplished, what next? That is what scares me, what next?

Also at the reunion there was a silent auction of old family heirlooms. My mom bid on a small metal box filled with old documents and photos. I know it sounds terrible to sell family stuff but the money goes to pay for the building rental and food plus it is all staying in the family. We were looking at the stuff and came across a teaching contract that my dad's aunt signed in 1930, this is what made us laugh . . .

The named teacher agrees to not marry during the school year and to not date during the school week of five days.

Then Aunt D signed the paper. Is that not funny . . . almost want to frame that and put up in my classroom behind my desk. Maybe teaching contracts should say that now since so many teachers seem to find themselves in trouble.

On our way home we made a stop by some friends' house where Colin got to and ride on a horse and pet a baby pig . . .


He sure does love animals . . . just like his daddy!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great.

9/28/2006 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...how is work Heidi?

9/28/2006 8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What next? Life has a way of showing up. Your next milestones? Colin starting school, Colin reading, realizing Colin is grown up???? Don't worry about the milestones, you will recognize them when they pass. In the meantime, you will be so busy you won't have too much time to worry about it.

BTW my copy of Blogs of War came in last week but I've had company and haven't had time to read so I'm looking forward to reading it beginning Sunday afternoon.

9/28/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger MQ said...

I love your family reunion! That sounds so cool. I think auctioning off family items is a great idea, especially since it does stay in the family. Also, love the teaching contract!

9/28/2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Colin is so darling, Heidi! He must be such a joy to you.

Ditto on the teaching contract! It was a different world then, wasn't it?

L

9/29/2006 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you did awesome for no inspiration :) just telling it like it is seems to work for ya Heidi:) an idea for future inspiration if ya ever need it is to share stories that your mom/dad have of you when you were Colin's age. & any stories you may have heard or that Sean's parents share about when he was Colin's age also. & eventually you could share memories of when you were Colin's age.

10/03/2006 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home