Sunday, September 17, 2006

Travel Trivia Bonus ANSWER

The correct answer was the . . .

RiverWalk in San Antonio, Texas

. . . I was thinking of going back this weekend because the Aggies played Army in the Alamo Dome but it just did not happen.

So, why the funny face? Well, after a few of these . . .


Some more walking and picture taking . . .

A visit here . . .

I was probably a little tired and having a little too much fun! Sean was home on R&R and we wanted to spend some time without family . . . it was very hard to convince Sean that Colin needed to stay with my parents but he finally agreed. He did not want to spend a minute without him . . . I feel some guilt now. Even though we had seen the Alamo a million times, Sean was so excited to pose for a photo . . . he researched for days on our hotel which I could not remember the name. It drove me crazy to not remember so I had to consult the old credit card bills to solve that mystery . . . Hotel Valencia Riverwalk . . . it was beautiful, trendy, and the name reminded me of Spain.

This was the last trip that Sean and I took together . . . who knew it would be in Texas, but we sure had a fun two days. Ironically, San Antonio was also one of the first trips we took when we dated in college . . . I guess life does make a full circle.

Oh yes and those Aggies won last night, barely. I was talking to a friend (who graduated from West Point) earlier in the week about the game. He told me that A&M was going to crush Army and I told him you never know what Aggie team is going to show up. It sure was a close game . . . not sure if Army was playing really well or the Aggies were playing not so well. It was a good game, but I wonder who decided for it to start at 8:15 pm because I was up until almost midnight watching.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi~

I hear you on the game. Jason was torn between cheering for the Aggies or Army?! It makes it difficult when you have students in your class that are playing on the team. I was glad to see Army playing so well but glad that the Aggies won since they were favored by 21 points and Army was stomped by Kent State last weekend. That would have been really bad for A&M. I can't believe how close it actually was. We didn't stay up because we are an hour ahead and only made it to half time.

~T

9/17/2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

I just wanted to stop and say hello. I read regularly, but never take the time to comment on anything. I think of you often though. The progress on the house is amazing, it seems like you just posted the pics of the lot last week. How fun!

9/18/2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hi, dropping by to finally make an appearance. I caught the game too, my husband is an Army grad. We're on the east coast, so it was a very late night for me, too!

9/18/2006 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldn't feel any guilt Heidi. You and Sean deserved that private time together as well.

9/20/2006 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Antonio was the 1st place my parents went when they were married. how ya sounded in describing your time with Sean really reminded me of my folks.
wish i could've seen the Aggie game last wknd. i actually thought they were going to be upset for taking Army too lightly. that's how SW Louisiana upset us my senior year when i was the head student trainer for the ags. i actually told them for 2 weeks that they would be beat that time b/c they were taking the ragin cajuns lightly.
i really miss RC

9/22/2006 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home