field trip
Today all the Kindergarten classes at Colin's school are going on their first (and only) field trip . . . to the zoo. Hmmm, not that excited . . . not knocking the zoo but well just not excited but then again not much to do in our area. There are about 88 Kindergartners (4 classes if you are wondering) and the teacher said 30 adults signed up to chaperon . . . of course some probably did not do the background check or failed (scary) so groups will be interesting. I have done a lot of amazing field trips as a teacher . . . oh my oh my how I wish I was in Paris with 5th graders right now . . . back on track; focus, focus.
SO, my curiosity is killing me waiting to see who the teacher will 'give' me today . . . there are some real stinkers in his class (to include him some days). I wonder if my dear friend karma will be friend today or bite me! For what it is worth, I usually let the child of the chaperon pick who was in the group so all would be happy . . . I am not thinking the teacher will be that nice and then again Colin might pick the bad boys instead of the sweet girls. Oh well, I'm sure I will have a full report if we go as there is a chance of rain and big dark clouds hanging overhead.
And since Paris and field trips are on my mind . . .


. . . by the way these kids should now be 20! WOW this trip was 9 years ago! Man oh man what a great time I had outside the classroom with this great group of kiddos . . . getting a litte teary thinking about how much I miss being a regular classroom teacher . . . well, on Tuesday I won't be so sad when I am back at school, LOL. Have a great weekend and Happy May!!!!
SO, my curiosity is killing me waiting to see who the teacher will 'give' me today . . . there are some real stinkers in his class (to include him some days). I wonder if my dear friend karma will be friend today or bite me! For what it is worth, I usually let the child of the chaperon pick who was in the group so all would be happy . . . I am not thinking the teacher will be that nice and then again Colin might pick the bad boys instead of the sweet girls. Oh well, I'm sure I will have a full report if we go as there is a chance of rain and big dark clouds hanging overhead.
And since Paris and field trips are on my mind . . .


1 Comments:
Isn't it crazy to watch old students grow up? It was actually my students who convinced me to join Facebook, and over 200 have found me there. I miss the field trips, too. We would go to DC every year in May.....
Hope you and Colin are looking forward to a wonderful summer!
Hugs,
L
Post a Comment
<< Home