News
Well, teaching summer school does not rate high on my list of great jobs . . . in fact I can't wait for it to be over. I have realized how much I LOVE teaching math and that reading is just not for me. I will march on and do what I can for these sweet students.
This morning for breakfast I grabbed my toast and iced tea and turned on the news. WOW! There are days that I question why we are in Iraq but I keep telling myself it is worth it . . . I try to remember the stories of good Sean would tell me and how he loved interacting with the children. But I still wonder every day is it worth it . . . for Colin to not have his father . . . for the other thousand children who have lost a mother or father. News stories like today are what keep me going. So I did not like seeing the photo of his dead body splashed across every channel, but I had an overwhelming sense of good the entire day. It is a step in the right direction for us but more importantly for Iraq . . . and good for whoever made the decision to drop a bomb and not trying to arrest him. May he rot in hell because I know that Sean and all the other soldiers did not let him in heaven.
This morning for breakfast I grabbed my toast and iced tea and turned on the news. WOW! There are days that I question why we are in Iraq but I keep telling myself it is worth it . . . I try to remember the stories of good Sean would tell me and how he loved interacting with the children. But I still wonder every day is it worth it . . . for Colin to not have his father . . . for the other thousand children who have lost a mother or father. News stories like today are what keep me going. So I did not like seeing the photo of his dead body splashed across every channel, but I had an overwhelming sense of good the entire day. It is a step in the right direction for us but more importantly for Iraq . . . and good for whoever made the decision to drop a bomb and not trying to arrest him. May he rot in hell because I know that Sean and all the other soldiers did not let him in heaven.

7 Comments:
I was SO excited when I heard this....I hope it brings a little bit of comfort to you as well. I know that Sean is walking a little taller today, proud of the men and women serving over there.:0)
Well said!
Yes! Perfectly expressed!!! My feelings exactly. I never thought I could truly hate, but knowing what they've cost us...it's hard not to, but then it would make us like them to hate they way they do.
Anyway, it's a good day for our soldiers and families.
Hear, Hear! Thank you Sean.
Ditto!
Alex
The last line brought tears to my eyes. You know they didn't let him in. Bad news for him about the virgins part too!
I too LOVE that last sentence...
Post a Comment
<< Home