Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Travel Trivia #10 ANSWER

The correct answer was LUXEMBOURG AMERICAN CEMETERY in Luxembourg.

I felt a little strange taking photos but I am glad that we took the time on vacation to visit some of our fallen soldiers from the greatest generation. I don't know if it is correct to say that a cemetery is beautiful but I was amazed at how manicured the grounds were . . . only the best for our men and women . . . not sure if there are any ladies buried there?

General Patton is buried among the soldiers who died in the Battle of the Bulge in Hamm, Luxembourg . . .


The winner for Round 1 was . . . Teresa and Patti. Of course there was a tie and instead of breaking you both win! If you will email your mailing address I will send your prize . . . I know you two just moved so just let me know where to find you.

Thanks to everyone for playing along . . . Round 2 starts on Friday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been so curious about which American Cemetary you were at...the photo didn't look like Luxembourg to me. You're right when you say how well manicured it is. I was very impressed when we visited it. And I was also moved to tears by the sheer number of soldiers who were buried there. It seemed like every date of death on the crosses or stars was right before or on Christmas day.

6/13/2006 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think cemeteries are so beautiful and peaceful. Sarah and I have always had a fascination with cemeteries, and we have visited many over the years. We did go to Normandy and to St. Avold; to think that every cross represents a person who gave his life for our freedom and the families who sacrificed their loved ones for us is just overwhelming.
Nancy

6/13/2006 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We never made it to the Luxembourg American Cemetery but we did go to the Normandy American Cemetery. I must say that the feelings that you have there are powerful and sobering. We toured France for 3 1/2 weeks after Jason returned from Iraq and I can remember crying there and knowing how lucky I am. Heidi thanks for sharing your life with us. I enjoy reading your blog every day. We hope to see you sometime up in NY.

Love~ T

6/14/2006 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home