Thursday, January 25, 2007

Plugging Along

Wow, it has been another week in the casa . . . still feels good and it is starting to look like we live here . . . things are actually going up on the walls and if the weather holds then maybe, just maybe we can move the rest of the furniture this weekend! I have had a hard time deciding what to do with some of our stuff . . . for example; do I hang Sean's college diploma? The first thing I hung was the wonderful gift Colin received from the men (and ladies too) of Alpha Company . . . it is hanging right by Colin's bedroom door and I see it all the time. The diploma is defiantly something I want to keep but just not sure what to do.

I had a good birthday last week . . . already one week into 33. Before we headed for my 'big' birthday lunch at McDonalds, I told Colin to go get his clothes. He never came back and this is what I discovered . . .

. . . I had just finished putting all those clothes in the dresser drawers. I guess that is what happens when you ask a 3 year old for help. In other news, I just hate calling places I do business with (phone company) and then being asked WHY I don't want to upgrade my internet service . . . well, the records show that I am a teacher and would probably be best to have a faster service . . . lady, it is either the $14.95 plan or nothing . . . give me a break! Do you need a reason other than no thank you?
Happy Weekend to you all!

9 Comments:

Blogger KBG said...

Oh my, that happens in our house all the time. Except it's a wardrobe here that is a common hiding place for her during hide and seek. So she dumps all of the clothes off of the shelves and climbs in. Everytime I go in her room her pj's and shirts are all over the floor. I'm not sure how clean they really stay!
At least he gives you things to laugh about!

1/25/2007 11:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Awww...that's so funny. The same thing happened to me when I went to sign up for internet service with our local cable provider. Of course, they had about 10 different speeds and options and of course, I chose the cheapest one. The lady must have tried to talk me into the high-speed, whatever service for about 10 minutes...no luck. :) I kept thinking, "If you only knew me, you'd know this is a huge waste of time because I'm definitely going to stick with this one!" :)

1/26/2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger E said...

I get this all the time too. I have resorted to lying to get them to leave me alone. Last night, I got a call asking to speak to the lady of the house. I said she wasn't here. Then she asked if we had children under 16 in the house. Nope. "OK, then we won't need to call back." Done!

1/26/2007 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my he is so cute...my three year old does the same thing. Except he says...no ..nowant to get dressed...me stay in my pull-up..haha have a good weekend. will be praying for sun.

1/26/2007 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi: why not put Sean's diploma in Colin's room? He'll grow up knowing where his daddy went to school and he'll hear all the stories from you. Some nice symmetry there.

1/26/2007 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I hope my grandchildren will be as sweet and full of surprises as Colin is. I just love your little guy; anytime I need a "pick-me-up" I go to the kitty video. Precious!
Sarah's Mom

1/27/2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger Household6 said...

I don't even have kids outside the womb yet and I never get my clothes put away - so the fact that you even got them put away once is FAB!

1/28/2007 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a constant flow of laundry; it's circuitous journey through the three levels of our TH ends in the laundry basket right next to the dressers :)

1/29/2007 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of Mitchell. I just get mad when I can tell the clothes in the hamper have never been worn.

Diana

2/02/2007 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home