to each their own
Just saw this on Fox News . . . not surprised . . . disappointed of course but you know at least I wrote my letters and made my opinons be known. I really think a decision was made rather quickly since the only way to get a personal message to Secretary Gates is via snail mail . . . and we all know how long that probably takes to be sorted, screened, and read. I sure hope families think long and hard before they allow media to exploit a very private, emotional time . . . it might come back to bite them some day. I don't think the average citizen will realize the true 'cost of war' is much more than a flag draped coffin returning to Dover . . . really what about the five year old son left without his father who will see these images now and really start asking questions . . . questions I better start finding answers to . . . thanks again for pouring salt into an open wound . . . yes, the 'cost of war' continues years after that photo you snap . . . as for me, I am moving past the issue. It does disappoint me but it is time to move on. By the way, I guess I should thank former President Bush for doing the right thing and not allowing the media to take those photos.

6 Comments:
I just saw the report on fox and thought immediately of you and your son. My heart breaks for families like yours, I suppose for some its important for the public to "see" what the cost can be, but I agree with you a picture of a flag draped coffin doesnt show the true hurt and anguish that the families left behind have to deal with. Good luck finding the answers to your sons inevitable questions. As always I have enourmous respect for you.
I agree with you that there are plenty of photos and stories on the internet to "teach people the cost of war"; I don't think seeing the coffins will change anyone's mind.
I agree with you and I hope that the American People know what the true "cost" is gonna be to all of us. I too thank Pres. Bush for allowing those who had to endure that during his administration the dignity and respect of not having the media there at that private moment. I am so sorry and you and Colin are always in my prayers.
Thinking of you and your son and praying for you always.
Heidi, I am sorry that this is one more thing you have to deal with.
We have tremendous respect and admiration for Team Sims.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jenna's mom
Post a Comment
<< Home