Road Block
Last night I got very little sleep, why? I have been working with the floor lady, who is nice, to get the one tile that I just have to have. For some reason she likes to call my cell phone which I never answer. As I went to turn it off last night I noticed I had a voice mail from her . . . was she going to tell me the tile was here? It has been in Houston for weeks waiting to clear customs . . . it is made in Italy. NO, NO, and No, she was calling to tell me that she did not get the tile . . . she was 8 on the list and they did not get enough to fill all their orders. The good news? They would get another shipment in 45-60 days, what? All this is happening at 10pm so not like I could call her or my builder. I immediately went to work on the computer. I found some in NY and sent a few more emails to other places online. I went to bed and tossed and turned forever!
I woke up this morning to an early phone call from the tile lady to tell me in person and we arranged to meet around 12 today. I do not want to change my choice but the builder can't wait that long, what to do? I got two phone calls from warehouses that have the tile in stock and ready to ship . . . oh my gosh I was thrilled until I realized I signed a contract saying I would use the tile lady. So, I call the builder and tell him what I have done and he says let's go for it and try to get the tile lady to order from them. Now I have to go tell her in person that I have found what I want and hopefully she will be fine with that . . . sometimes people get mad when you do work behind their backs. I wish I had a picture of this amazing tile but you will just have to wait . . . it is just beautiful and the price is not bad either. Wish me luck!
I woke up this morning to an early phone call from the tile lady to tell me in person and we arranged to meet around 12 today. I do not want to change my choice but the builder can't wait that long, what to do? I got two phone calls from warehouses that have the tile in stock and ready to ship . . . oh my gosh I was thrilled until I realized I signed a contract saying I would use the tile lady. So, I call the builder and tell him what I have done and he says let's go for it and try to get the tile lady to order from them. Now I have to go tell her in person that I have found what I want and hopefully she will be fine with that . . . sometimes people get mad when you do work behind their backs. I wish I had a picture of this amazing tile but you will just have to wait . . . it is just beautiful and the price is not bad either. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:
Your "tile lady" should have been doing the legwork you did last night. If you can find it, and she doesn't even try, then you have every right to get it where you can.
Fingers crossed!
Can't wait to see it! Just hope it's not a light tan like mine because I have to mop it atleast once a week sometimes 2 or 3 b/c it shows every spill, foot print...EVERYTHING!!!:0) Good luck with the tile lady...
Post a Comment
<< Home