Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sweet

I went to Whataburger last Friday night with my parents . . . I almost passed out when I saw the sign for CHERRY PIES . . . Fried Cherry Pies . . . oh my was it good! I was like a kid on Christmas morning . . . I could not wait to eat my burger so I could get my pie . . . of course I had to share with the kid but I am going back for seconds . . . yum yum! So much for those baked cherry pies at McDonalds!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gitti said...

I had my first one after you wrote about it. Now I skip the main menu and go for the dessert right away! ;)

10/17/2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'm so glad you found your fried cherry pie. We don't have a Whataburger here.

10/17/2006 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a family reunion in August and my husband brought home two packs of "cherry" turnovers. We all love them, imagine the disappointment when I cut them open and they were ALL apple instead of cherry. They did get eaten but we were soooo disappointed. I'll have to make a Whataburger stop today and get a fried cherry pie!

10/18/2006 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you loved Cherry pies so much. I love them to but Bill is allergic so I don't get them often. Our McD's hasn't been carrying them around here in Arkansas , in fact it is hard to find them anywhere! Zach shares my love to but not Cortney...My grandparents used to have a tree behind the house until grandpa cut it down to keep us from climbing in it and on to the roof of the house...my cousin and I were quite the daredevil or just LOVED those cherries and we could sit up there and hide and eat to our hearts content! LOL

10/18/2006 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of our family traditions is to eat dessert 1st :) not all the time but usually family holidays. it started when an uncle of mine had a minor heart attack @ thanksgiving. he was fine but couldn't eat sweets for a year...the next year he went straight for the desserts & the pandemonium was on for my mom's banana pudding & my uncle's pecan pie :)
now its tradition somewhat

10/21/2006 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home