New Mexico
My parents wanted to get out of town for a few days so I pulled out a folder of brochures files as 'to visit someday' . . . I found an article about White Sands National Park that really looked fun. I mean New Mexico is our neighbor state so it isn't that far . . . well, it does take a day to get out of Texas from where we live. So I pulled out the atlas too look for other places near. I have always heard about Carlsbad Caverns but never been there either. So I had a basic plan of a couple places to visit . . . so we packed our bags and off we went . . . no reservations and no time line! I did plan on doing the driving and let me ask . . . why the heck is the speed limit on the longest stretch of NM or Texas highway 55 mph? I mean really, why? I did notice a million signs about not drinking and driving so maybe they want the drunks to not speed? And well 65 isn't much better! I swear it drove me crazy to go so slow . . . and no I sure did not go under 70 . . . well, until I got flashed by a police officer and then I slowed down.
We all had a blast at White Sands going down the really tall sand hills . . . I mean it was really fun and well did not want to leave but started raining and had sand on every inch of my body!
We also managed to stop by Roswell to check out the UFO place too . . . of course Colin was more interested in the machine that 'smashes' your penny flat than reading the stuff.
I tell you I just LOVE to travel and well, can't wait to do it all again soon!

10 Comments:
ooh last minute adventures! They are the best. Although on one to Lake George we ended up with the most exspensive souvenior... dash-1. Now flyboy is leary of them!
Your trip sounded like a blast. Quite the adventure for a boy and his mama.
And about the egg free bread, yeah they just looked at me like my head was one backwards. As a teacher do you see parents like me coming and just want to run? I'm trying to be as understanding as I can but I'm at the point that I cant even do the whole casual oh no big deal because it is.
Heidi...
Next time you want to visit the great state of NM head to Santa Fe and Taos...very nice in the summer. My husband and I lived in Austin after we were first married...it took us 10 hours to get to my parents house in NM a little North of Tucumcari.
It's so great to see your big happy smile again!
Genie
Cloud Croft, NM is high and cool and up above White Sands. It is the closest cool spot to where you live and where I live. We've gone there several times in August and hope to do so again.
Lot of giggles for you and the boy sliding down those sand hills. So glad you got to do it.
glad you had such a fun trip. sure it is just the beginning of you traveling again!
Bienvenidos or rather adios... I hope you had a great time visiting. Did you eat at the McDonald's shaped like an UFO? My husband is from Roswell and I secretly think he is an alien... Hahahaha
Oh and the sledding thing is a blast. Did you like the caverns?
So glad to see u happy Heidi. :)
You crack me up. The next time I have to take a vacation, I am just going to commission you to take it for me. I am all traveled out.
That looks like fun!
How many times did Colin trek up to the top of the hill to slide down? I might need to order a ton of sand to be delivered so I can wear out the kiddos!
I love to travel too, just need to figure out when I can go!
Okay, I figured that I was the only person in the world with a file labeled "places I want to visit" with clippings and brochures and notes inside. I can't wait for Baby to be a little older so we can have the same kind of fun adventures as you and Colin. Right now our "adventures" (that's actually what I call them) are to the grocery store, Target, and the gym.
Post a Comment
<< Home