Still Remembering . . .
November is right around the corner . . . still hard to believe that it was two years ago that life forever changed . . . but I also think about how far I have come in two years especially in the last 6 months. I will never say it gets 'easier' but I guess you learn do cope . . . not accept. I have been emailing to a mom who lost her son in Iraq. She is so sweet and sends me messages from time to time. Then last week she mentioned a memorial at FOB Warhorse . . . I had no clue but she had a mission to find out more. She just sent me a link with two stories and photos . . . I swear someday I am going to visit that place and will add this to my list.


The memorial is nice . . . the strange thing is that I recognize names of other soldiers that were not in 1ID. Most I have 'met' the wives on the Gold Star Wives message board and will share this with them too. If there is one thing that upsets me it is that not all families know about these memorials.
Here are the links to the two articles:
FOB Warhorse Memorial-Special Photos
Pittard Reluctantly Visits Warhorse
I would like to thank Gunnar's mom (Debey) for remembering me and sharing this with me and also to SSG Sheryl L. Lawry, Public Affairs NCOIC, 3rd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division for taking all the photos!

2 Comments:
Heidi,
Thank you so much for posting this. I shared the links to the articles with a friend of mine who also lost her husband in Iraq, just 3 months after you lost Sean. Hopefully more family members will learn about this memorial. I didn't even know it existed.
Always remembering!
Post a Comment
<< Home